Information and referente services
- Our library, our collection
- Other research libraries
- Bibliographic tools, catalogues from CSIC and other libraries
- Consulting the CSIC Virtual Library .
- Use of the digital collection: electronic journals, databases, locating articles, and access to documents.
- Remote access to electronic resources: PAPI service.
There is an open access collection which the user may consult and borrow without any previous formalities, and another collection which, for reasons of security, conservation, obsolescence of the documents, etc. is only available for reading in the library. These materials are:
- Reference books: encyclopedias, dictionaries, bibliographies, catalogues and literature guides
- Rare book collection, documents with special features and out of print materials
- Pre 1940 monographs
- Non-book material
- Unpublished dissertations and postgraduate thesis
- Unpublished briefing papers and research works
This service offers researchers and users of the library the possibility of locating and obtaining originals or copies of documents which are not held at the library and which are necessary for the development of their research.
The service also provides the loan and reproduction of its own collections to other libraries and information science centres. Applications should be made preferably through the CIRBIC catalogue. In order to use this functionally, the requesting library has to register as a user of the CSIC libraries. Discharge must be requested al the Resource Unit of Information Resources for Research (URICI), or sent my letter or email directly to this library. Further information here.
Digital.CSIC mediated deposit
Reprographic services are available for the users